Homepage All Seasons Pest Control About Our Pest Control Company View Our Pest Control Services Prevention Programs Pest Guide Testimonials Pay Online Contact Us Call 253-535-5600
summer pest control special

Bed Bug Treatment and Control

Bed Bug Treatments

Bed bugs don’t live outdoors in the climate we have here in North West areas such as Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Olympia and Puyallup. Our climate prevents bed bugs from invading a structure from outdoors. However bed bugs may be brought into your residence in some fashion other than entering on their own. Bringing bedding or clothing from an infested location into your home is one cause of the main causes of bed bug infestation. Bed bugs tend to live in bedding and/or in mattresses and feed on sleeping victims at night.

Why is Professional Bed Bug Treatment Important?

Over the past couple of years bed bugs have become a major issue. The media has issued numerous reports of these pests being found in hotels, apartments, homes and even clothing stores. Hearing these stories has caused great concern among many people, especially frequent travellers who do not want to bring home bed bugs accidentally. At All Season Pest Control, we are aware that bed bugs are one of the most difficult pests to control, so we utilize the latest bed bug treatment techniques and products in order to ensure the most effective control possible.

What Makes Bed Bugs So Dangerous and Difficult to Control?

Bed bugs tend to bite a person at night while they are sleeping. They bite where your body is making contact with the bed and/or where clothing is tight to your body, such as around your waist. Reactions tend to vary, but bites can become large red welts that itch. These welts are very uncomfortable and tend to last for weeks. Bud Bugs left untreated are going to multiply and may attack your children or guests, so it is important to have a professional bed bug treatment as soon as you know you're victim of an insfestation.

How Do I Know I Need Bed Bug Treatment?

Individuals with bed bugs in their bed will often find small blood spots on their sheets. Unfortunately, bed bugs don’t just live in a bed, they can live just about anywhere. “About 70% of the bed bugs in a typical infestation live in and around the bed, but the other 30% will live in appliances, electronics, drawers, bookcases, etc.” If you see bed bugs or blood spots, you have a problem.

If possible, try to collect a bug to have it identified. At All Seasons Pest Control, we will identify any insect sample for free!

Some Helpful Travel Tips for Bed Bug Treatment, Control and Prevention:

  • Place your luggage away from the bed and off the floor.
  • Often times, travelers will leave their luggage in a bathtub, shower, balcony or terrace to prevent bed bugs.
  • Do not put your clothes in hotel drawers.
  • Look for evidence of bed bugs on the mattress by pulling all of the sheets back from the head of the bed. While doing this, look for evidence of small blood spots.
  • Keep an eye out for them. Mature bed bugs average about 3/16" long. Their body is oval and flattened and they are tan in color. Immature bed bugs may be much smaller and will be mixed in with mature ones.
  • When returning home, do not bring your luggage into your home until it has been sanitized and/or aired out. The clothes you traveled with, either wash them immediately in hot water and dry them on the highest heat setting or have them dry cleaned.

Please note: these are merely tips and suggestions. They do not take the place of a professional inspection and bed bug treatment. If you feel you have an infestation, please do not hesitate to contact us or call (253) 535-5600. An inspection is required before any treatments can take place. All Seasons Pest provides bed bug treatment and control throughout Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Olympia, Puyallup and surrounding areas.

TOP